Successful completion of our program provides credit toward completion of the Duke of Edinburgh Youth Awards Program.
The curriculum emphasizes leadership, motivational and interpersonal skill development.
Skill development and informational sessions include:
- Leadership skills,
- Critical thinking,
- Life skills, and
- Car Maintenance
Also being considered is an educational field trip.
The campers are given the opportunity to provide feedback, to share in decision-making and to participate in camp work under the watchful eye of competent and dedicated staff which includes an experienced medical attendant.
They also participate in the development of the camp newspaper, which contains information that supplements and reinforces the material presented during the day, as well as providing topical information, personal profiles, and other enjoyable material.
But it is not all work for the campers! There is plenty of time for fun, sport, social and leisure activities that serve as a foundation for the development of a positive, responsible leadership attitude, lasting friendships and plenty of terrific memories.
Presenters for 2018
- Ernie Louttit: One of the first indigenous members of the Saskatoon Police Force. He is an author of two books, “Indian Ernie” and “Insights from the Street”
- Kirk Muyres & Claire Hana
Other Confirmed Presenters
- Kaitlin Olmsted: A 2nd year Engineering Student with the U of S and a member of Engineers without Borders. Winner of the Governor General's Award when she graduated from Swift Comprehensive High School. She is the developer of a workshop on teaching students how to learn from failure effectively.
- Don Ford: Will present on "Personality Profiles in Colour and Leadership Skills". Don was a bank manager and now does real estate part time.
- Mike Keogan: Will present on "How to be Successful in a Job Interview". Mike is a successful businessman from Regina
- Roger Petry: Will present on "Critical Thinking". Roger is an Associate Professor of Philosophy & Co-coordinator, RCE Sask., Luther College at the University of Regina.
- Pat Hutchinson: Will present on "Basic Maintenance on Your Car". Pat has owned his own garage for several years in North Battleford
- Steve Bell: will present on "Networking". Steve is an energetic businessman who excels in networking.
- Rick Galloway: Will be presenting on "Emergency "Preparedness".